IEC Export Code
IEC - Importer Exporter Code; it is the unique 10 digit code that is mandatory for every firm, organization, persons, entity and for all those who need to import or export in India for commerce and trade. No one can exercise any import or export in India without importer exporter code number. This process of granting IEC code is maintained and controlled by DGFT - Director General of Foreign Trade and administered by Ministry of Commerce in India. For eligibility and provisions of issuing IEC by DGFT is mentioned under the Foreign Trade (Regulation) Rules, 1993 regulated and controlled by Ministry of Commerce, Notification No. GSR 791 (E), dated 30-12-1993.
For applying IEC code number; it is mandatory for every company / entity / organization / applicant to file an application for the same to the Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade of the same region where the business head office is being located. Along with application; all the needed documents in respect of IEC code number are also required to submit the same office of DGFT. The register office of DGFT will get to the same district under the jurisdiction where the head office of the business is located as in case of STPI unit.
- PAN Card
- Covering letter on company's letter head.
- Application need to be signed by every partner of a company before filing to register office of DGFT.
- List of Partners/ Directors with complete details Residential address, Pin Code, Phone Number, Father's Name, letter head of company.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Current Account details of any national / international bank
- Bank Certificate in Appendix 18A format carrying detail of banks of applicants.
- Attested 4 Photographs (Passport Size)
- Rs 250.00 Bank Receipt in terms of Appendix 21B as a proof of payment of application fee.