The Export Oriented Units (EOUs) are immensely renowned for increasing exports from the concerned country, earning huge foreign money every year, transfer the latest technologies, entice foreign direct investment in the given country, and offer massive employment to native people.
Our highly reputed full-service law firm of India equipped with worldwide prominence, has been rendering the full gamut of services for establishment of EOUs in all across India and other countries situated worldwide, for a long span of successful and impressive time, in addition to ours superb and world-class legal services in all major areas of the law. In this highly creative and precious webpage, we are extending exclusive information about EOU registration in India, and ours services for EOU registrations, during the whole registration process.
Importance and productivity of the EOUs in India have been great and highly impressive, since the very introduction of the EOU Policy and Scheme in the year 1980. Today, the EOUs established in all across India, collectively contribute about 10% to the total exports from India. Till December 2005, there were over 1900 small and big EOUs located in places all across the country, in different industrial, commercial, and service fields. The number of these units has been steadily growing with growth in exports from India.
An EOU can be preferably engaged in the manufacturing of goods and products, providing services, re-making or reconditioning of products, repairing, and re-engineering of products and objects. At present, the most profitable and lavish fields of EOU registrations in India are --- IT Software and Services, Bio-technology, Agriculture, Viticulture, Animal Husbandry, Aquaculture, Sericulture, Floriculture, Poultry, Horticulture, Granites, Jewelries, and many others. The detailed EOU registration procedure/steps followed in India, are informed separately in the lower section.
EOU Registration Procedure / StepsFor establishment of an EOU in India, an entrepreneur or industrialist requires permission and certifications from the local administration (the regional Development Commissioner), the concerned State Government, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India, the Jurisdictional Commissioner of the Customs/Central Excise, Income Tax Department of the country, and the Ministry of Environment (Govt. of India). The following are the most significant requirements and the registration procedure for setting up an EOU anywhere in India:
- The prescribed application form in triplicate (given in the Handbook of Procedures in Appendix 14-IA) is to be submitted to the relevant Development Commissioner (DC), and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Govt. of India, which is located in the Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi.
- A complete Project Report, bearing all commercial, financial, and technical viabilities, is to be accompanies by the application.
- A demand draft bearing amount of INR-5000/- and drawn in favor of The Pay & Accounts Officer, Department of Commerce, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is to be enclosed with the application.
- The documents demanded by the concerned DC for approval to the EOU are described in the Appendix 14-IB.
- Letter of Permission (LOP) from DC through Form given in Appendix 14-IE.
- Legal undertaking (LUT) using Form given in Appendix 14-IF.
- Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) from DC
- A Green Card by the Zone Administration.
- Import Export Code (IEC)
- Small Scale Industry (SSI) Registration from the pertinent District Industries Center (DIC)
- Private Custom Bonded Warehouse License under section 58 and 65 of the Customs Act, 1962.
- And, registrations under the ITD of India, the State Government Sales Tax Act and Central Sales Tax Act.