IEC Import Code
IEC stands for Importer Exporter Code that mainly used for carrying import and export activities. Every firm / organization / company or individual need this unique 10 digit IEC import export code while participate in any of the import or export task in India. DGFT - Director General of Foreign Trade and administered by Ministry of Commerce in India are the two higher authorities that administered the process of issuing IEC code to the respective applicants. Before applying for IEC code in India be sure to get familiar with every provisions and guidelines for the same which you will get from foreign Trade Rules 1993 sanctioned under the authority of Ministry of Commerce, Notification No. GSR 791 (E), dated 30-12-1993.
IEC code is a unique number that varies from one company to another. Every company needs to file an application for granting IEC code to the Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade of the same region where the head office of the business is being situated. Besides the application; other documents are also required to file like bank details, partner details, copy of pan card and many more are require to file at the same office of Director General of Foreign Trade.
- One needs to have PAN card while submitting the copy of the same to the office of Directorate General Foreign Trade. If one does not have the same; then must apply before applying for IEC code.
- Need to submit covering letter for issuing IEC code that must be on company's letter head.
- File an application to the same authority after getting signed by all the partners of the company.
- Need to define the details of all the partners like residential addresses, Ph. Numbers, passport numbers if have; family details and that should be over company's letter head.
- Bank Certificate in Appendix 18A format and Current account details whether it is national or international bank.
- Submit documents like MOA / AOA
- 4 passport size photographs of every partner and that should be attested.
- Rs. 250.00 as application fees should be submit as per the Appendix 21B.