Service Tax Registration India
Service tax is the amount collected from the side of service providers in respect of offering services to the customers. As with due time the rate of service tax is generally varied as decided by service tax department under finance act. As from 15th July, 1994 till 13th May, 2003 the rate of service tax was fixed to eight percent. From 14th May, 2003 to 9th September, 2004 the rate was raised by 2 % came to 10 %. After it from 10th September, 2004 the rate of service tax raised to 12 % as per Finance Act, 2006. As from 2007 the policy and rate of services tax as again revised and set to new percentage. Similarly, the rate of service tax keeps on varying from time to time.
Service provider is a person who has a responsibility for repaying the service tax to the government. The amount of service tax is being charged by them from the customer in favor of rendering the particular services. If the service provider is Non Indian resident or who offer services from outside country in that case the amount is being charge by the service receiver.
Thus, legal and legitimate business point of view or we can say all those service providers who render taxable services need to register with the Central Excise department otherwise the respective business will get penalized. Therefore; it is necessary to have service tax registration. Under the service tax registration procedure there are several steps that need to follow for applying the same.
Documents required for Service Tax Registration IndiaThe service tax registration process is not as simple where one needs a set of prescribed proofs and legal forums in order to submit with concern authority. Below is the list of service tax registration documents required for applying the service tax reg. number in order to contribute with worthy.
- Pan card is the first and initial requirement for service tax registration documents. If you do not have then apply for the same before apply for service tax registration in India.
- Proof of corporate address through the way of bank statement, telephone land line bill, rent agreement, light bill, VAT/CST registration certificate that should not be lesser than 3 months.
- In case you have a partner then there is a need of partnership agreement under Registered Deed of Partnership.
- Board of Director Resolution, MOA / AOA and Certificate of Incorporation are needed for service tax registration.
- Signatory that can easy proof the identity of proprietor, director, Authorized Signatory or Partner by the way of Voter id, bank passbook, driving license or passport.